Monday, January 26, 2009

Would you like to watch the children create a nation, and the future.


 


 

Word Walls … I would like to see little developing minds; and watch the children create a nation, and the future.


 


 

EXTRA CREDIT

February 15, 2007

Maritess sanchez-taylor

Educ 114-B

Word Walls


 


 

One difficulty that stood up in this section of DVD Lessons, was the video-taping and operations. The DVD operator could use some other strategy to position the taping from somewhere in the classroom perimeter, and position the taping as not to destruct the children in their learning experience. Anyway, I would like to point out the following: Watching the DVD Lessons in Word Walls is totally a new experience for me. I am not a PRE-K or Kindergarten teacher, yet. However, I choose not to dwell on difficulties but rather I find myself proposing for some fun activities; and to be more like the teachers in a Reggio Emilia classroom. Maybe, because I am such a "Pollyanna or color-person" –therefore, I would like to implement in my future classroom, a collection of very wonderful and fabulous illustrations that will stand side by side with the words and I would give the liberty and the joy for the children to collect them from home together with their parents or guardians, as a home assignment. Unlike one of the teachers in this DVD Lesson, I will give the children a free hand in creating their drawings in whatever fashion they want to express their uniqueness. I have observed with my three children - that when children are encouraged to be free and creative, they tend to remember the experience for a long time. Thus, the words they have learned, and whatever their hands are molding to represent such words, could be quite an impact in their reading/writing/comprehension skills--simultaneously. In addition, not only will my class create sentences, but also let the whole group or 2 groups create an interesting story of their own making! Equally fascinating, is for children to use a collection of their words and vocabulary alike and stash them in a Portfolio! Furthermore, I could introduce a game like, "Give me a Letter, Give me a Word", "and, collect some tokens towards the Licorice Jar - if you have a WORD!" Or, "I have a Magical Genie (sp) inside My Portfolio! Can you rub your palms and show me, what you got?" We got Game! Ahhh, certainly, I would like to see little developing minds; and watch the children create a nation, and the future.


 


 


 


 


 


 

1 comment:

  1. This is My Color Code:

    NOBODY DATES LIKE A RED
    This is true. When you are in pursuit of something (or somebody!), you tend to go all out. You dress to impress, you get the limo, the tickets, the flowers, the reservations, and the whole shebang. You by nature are a very competitive opponent to any other potential suitor who may come along, and you take great pleasure in taking home the prize.
    YOU ARE HIGHLY PROTECTIVE OF YOUR COMPANION
    When you commit to someone, they can feel your protection on all levels. You see them as part of you, and are willing to go to war verbally and even physically on their behalf. You will not back down or remain silent when your partner is being attacked. Your companion loves to know that he is being taken care of and that you will be there to back him up and defend him whenever necessary.

    You Promote Interesting Experiences
    REDS Are Excellent Providers
    You Tell People Where They Stand In The Relationship
    You Provide Natural Leadership
    REDS Show Up

    ReplyDelete